Senior Reflection 2020: Life Moves On

POSTED May 18, 2020

Image courtesy of picpedia.org

Every student will definitely have an opinion about the 2019-2020 school year, especially the lasting impact on the class of 2020. Some people won’t understand how they feel as they are still continuing to go to school for the next year. However, for the class of 2020 this will be how they remember their last year. Be it full of sorrow, regret, joy, happiness, or just being lost and unsure how to feel. To me it was the most heartbreaking realization I ever had, of how much I enjoyed school. 

Over the four years of school I definitely changed a lot and I am deeply regretful on how this year ended. I had a competition that was supposed to happen that weekend and Friends and Family Night for show choir on the Monday after. Then I would’ve had a choir concert after that but everything came crashing down when school got cancelled. It made me realize that I took a lot of things for granted and cherished things more than I realized. One thing I would say to the incoming freshmen and the continuing students is that you should try out for anything regardless if you are good at it or not. Putting yourself out there is the best thing you can do, this year I joined theatre and drama club. I teched for a show and did the summer show but I regret not trying out for theatre when I first started high school. Theatre brought me close to people who were younger than me and I know that they’ll become something later on. I also suggest you make connections with the people around you and your teachers. 

The people you make friends with will either be a lifelong friend or could bring you down. I lost connections with most of my middle school friends after I transferred to the public school system my freshmen year. However, to this day I still have one true friend from my middle school days but I also made new friends in the activities I joined who brought me up and had a good influence on me. I will still cherish them even if I no longer go to school with them as I graduate. The same can be said about teachers, they are there to support you and help you. They will be the ones to help you get recommendations and scholarships. They are also the ones who’ll watch you grow and succeed. I have only had a few teachers who have had me for more than a year. However, they are all the teachers who have gotten to know me the best. I would say to you all is that life will keep moving on and we have to adjust. Keep moving forward and don’t give up on what you want to do.